“And the earth helped the woman” (Apoc. 12:16)
THE FIFTEEN PROMISES OF MARY TO THOSE WHO RECITE THE ROSARY
(Given to St. Dominic and Blessed Alan)
1. Whoever shall faithfully serve Me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
2. I promise My special protection and the greatest graces to all who shall recite the Rosary.
3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to Me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful in reciting the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
9. I shall deliver from purgatory, those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of Me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the holy Rosary shall be aided by Me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from My Divine Son, that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors, the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
14. All who recite the Rosary are My sons, and brothers of My only son Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion to My Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
ACT OF CONSECRATION TO OUR LADY OF THE ROSARY
Permit me, O Immaculate Virgin Mary! Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, to choose thee this day as my Mother, Patroness, Asylum, and Protection. I desire with all the intensity of my being to consecrate to thee my heart, my soul, and my body, and to love thee, after God, above all things. Happy he who consecrates his love to thee. Art thou not, O Blessed Virgin! more pure than the angels, more beautiful than the moon, and more bright than the sun? Dost thou not surpass the lily in splendor? Art thou not a garden of delights, a perfumed flower, a white dove, the well-beloved of Jesus, the cherished daughter, the stainless mother, and the spouse chosen amongst thousands? Who, then, could refuse his heart to thee? I give thee mine most freely, for thou art all-beautiful, enriched with all graces, and crowned with all perfections. But there is another most pressing reason why I should give myself fully to thee, viz.: gratitude. Holy Virgin, the world is indebted to thee for the life of grace. Thou art the new Eve; in thee the human race finds its joy, peace, reparation, salvation, consolation, and hope. In thee our race sees clearly the recall of the exiles, the return of the banished, the mother of the orphans, the light of all who are buried in darkness, and the assured haven of all who are buffeted by winds and waves. But as for myself particularly, I have contracted in regard to thee a debt of gratitude which all the ardor of the seraphim would never be able to repay thee. Thy heart hath ever been open to me; thou hast drawn me from the abyss; thou hast constantly defended me against the repeated attacks of the powers of darkness; thou hast been my strength, my courage, my guide, my support in the desert of this life, and my star amidst the dangers of the stormy sea of this world, so prolific, alas! of shipwrecks. It is then most just, O amiable Queen of the Most Holy Rosary! that I should unceasingly love, bless, and glorify thee. I, therefore, from this day forward, and forever, devote myself to thy service, and I pledge inviolable fidelity to thee. I am determined to die, yes, a thousand times, sooner than fail to keep this solemnly taken resolution. O Queen of the Most Holy Rosary! take full possession of my whole being, and as my sovereign after God command me. Banish from my soul and body all that in any way displeases thee; sanctify my heart, reform its perverse inclinations, and purify its intentions. Yes, henceforth my desire is to follow thy inspirations, to live under thy maternal care, and to labor only to please thee. Thy desires shall be mine, thy joys my joys, thy sorrows my sorrows, and thy glories mine, for thou art all mine, and I am all thine for all eternity.
O most beloved Mother! permit me now to entreat thee to grant me three special favors: 1st, a most pure heart, so that I may fitly love Jesus, thy Son, and thee; 2d, that I may one day die in thy arms, pronouncing acts of perfect love of my God and thee; 3d, that I may be one of the privileged choir of those holy souls who will sing forever at the foot of thy throne thy praises and thy mercies. Mother, I ask for more than I give; but art thou not ineffably rich and powerful? Do not the sinners who have been converted by thee contribute in heaven to the brightness of thy crown? To save my soul will then be a new diamond added to thy incomparable diadem. Protect me, then, during life, assist me at the hour of my death, receive my soul at my last breath, and conduct it into the eternal tabernacles, where it shall, in union with the angels and the saints, love and praise thee forever and ever. Amen.
ACT OF CONSECRATION #2
O Virgin Mary, Mother of God, Queen of the most holy Rosary, thou beholdest at thy feet the most miserable of sinners. I deserve not to be called thy child, for I have too grievously offended thy divine Son. But thou art my Mother, my merciful Mother, the Mother of contrite sinners. Oh, reject me not; I acknowledge my sins, I hate them, I detest them, I deplore them in the bitterness of my soul. I firmly purpose never to commit them again. I give thee my heart, I consecrate myself to thee; O Mary, I promise thee an eternal fidelity.
O Queen of the Rosary, take possession of my whole being; rule me as my sovereign; banish from my heart all that displeases thee; sanctify my soul, purify ray intentions. I wish to love all that thou lovest; thy desires shall be my desires, thy joy shall be my joy, thy sorrows my sorrows. O most holy Mother of Jesus, hear me. Queen of the holy Rosary, hear me, through thy joys, thy sorrows, thy triumphs, have pity on a poor sinner who implores thy mercy. Protect me during life, assist me at the hour of my death; receive my soul, and present it to the Sovereign Judge. Grant me a safe retreat in the fountain of mercy, that with thee I may glorify the Sacred Heart of thy dear Son, for ever and ever. Amen.