LITANY OF THE SACRED HEART
Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ, hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of heaven, have mercy on us.
God the Son, Redeemer of the world, have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, have mercy on us.
1. Heart of Jesus, Son of the Eternal Father, have mercy on us.
2. Heart of Jesus, formed in the womb of the Virgin Mother by the Holy Ghost,
3. Heart of Jesus, united substantially with the Word of God,
4. Heart of Jesus, of infinite majesty,
5. Heart of Jesus, holy temple of God,
6. Heart of Jesus, tabernacle of the Most High,
7. Heart of Jesus, house of God and gate of Heaven,
8. Heart of Jesus, glowing furnace of charity,
9. Heart of Jesus, vessel of justice and love,
10. Heart of Jesus, full of goodness and love,
11. Heart of Jesus, abyss of all virtues,
12. Heart of Jesus, most worthy of all praise,
13. Heart of Jesus, King and centre of all hearts,
14. Heart of Jesus, in which are all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge,
15. Heart of Jesus, in which dwelleth all the fullness of the Divinity,
16. Heart of Jesus, in which the Father is well pleased,
17. Heart of Jesus, of whose fullness we have all received,
18. Heart of Jesus, desire of the eternal hills,
19. Heart of Jesus, patient and rich in mercy,
20. Heart of Jesus, rich to all who invoke Thee,
21. Heart of Jesus, fount of life and holiness,
22. Heart of Jesus, propitiation for our sins,
23. Heart of Jesus, saturated with revilings,
24. Heart of Jesus, crushed for our iniquities,
25. Heart of Jesus, made obedient unto death,
26. Heart of Jesus, pierced with a lance,
27. Heart of Jesus, source of all consolation,
28. Heart of Jesus, our life and resurrection,
29. Heart of Jesus, our peace and reconciliation,
30. Heart of Jesus, victim for our sins,
31. Heart of Jesus, salvation of those who hope in Thee,
32. Heart of Jesus, hope of those who die in Thee,
33. Heart of Jesus, delight of all saints,
Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world, spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world, graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
V. Jesus meek and humble of heart,
R. Make our hearts like to Thine.
Let us pray.
Almighty and everlasting God, graciously regard the Heart of Thy well-beloved Son, and the acts of praise and satisfaction which He renders Thee on behalf of us sinners, and through their merit grant pardon to us who implore Thy mercy in the name of Thy Son Jesus Christ, Who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Spirit, world without end. Amen.
CHAPLET OF THE SACRED HEART
ON THE CROSS.
Soul of Christ, sanctify me!
Body of Christ, save me!
Blood of Christ, inebriate me!
Water from the side of Christ, wash me!
Passion of Christ, strengthen me!
O good Jesus, hear me;
Within Thy wounds hide me;
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee;
From the malignant enemy, defend me;
In the hour of my death, call me,
And bid me come to Thee,
That with Thy saints I may praise Thee,
Forever and ever.
ON THE LARGE BEADS.
O sweetest Heart of Jesus, I implore that I may ever love Thee more and more.
ON THE SMALL BEADS.
Sweet Heart of Jesus, be my love.
AT THE END OF EACH DECADE.
Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation.
AT THE CONCLUSION.
May the Heart of Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament be praised, adored, and loved with grateful affection, at every moment, in all the tabernacles of the world, even to the end of time. Amen.
ACT OF CONSECRATION
COMPOSED BY ST. MARGARET MARY
I (N. N.) give and consecrate to Thee, O Sacred Heart of our Lord Jesus Christ! my body and soul, my life, my actions, pains, and sufferings, so that I may no longer desire to employ any part of my being save in honouring, loving, and glorifying Thee. This is my irrevocable resolution—to belong entirely to Thee, and to do all for Thy love, while I renounce with my whole heart everything which could displease Thee. Wherefore, I take Thee, O Sacred Heart of Jesus! as the sole Object of my love, the Protector of my life, the Pledge of my salvation, the Remedy of my weakness and inconstancy, the Reparation for all the imperfections of my life, and my assured Refuge at the hour of my death. Be Thou, therefore, O bountiful Heart! my justification with God, Thy Heavenly Father, and turn aside from me His anger, which I have justly deserved. O Heart of Love! I place all my confidence in Thee, for I have everything to fear from my weakness, while I hope for everything from Thy bounty. Annihilate in me everything which can displease or resist Thee. Imprint Thy pure love so deeply on my heart that I may never forget Thee, nor ever be separated from Thee. I conjure Thee, by Thy infinite goodness, that my name may be engraved on Thee, since I desire to make all my happiness and all my glory consist in living and dying in quality of Thy devoted servant.
ACT OF CONSECRATION
COMPOSED BY SISTER MARY OF THE DIVINE HEART
My most loving Jesus, I consecrate myself today anew and without reserve to Thy divine Heart. I consecrate to Thee my body with all its senses, my soul with all its faculties: my whole being. I consecrate to Thee all my thoughts, words and actions; all my sufferings and labours; all my hopes, consolations and joys; and, above all, I consecrate to Thee my poor heart, that it may love only Thee and be consumed as a victim in the fire of Thy love. Accept, O Jesus, my most loving spouse, the desire that I have to console Thy divine Heart and to be yours for ever. Possess me in such a manner that henceforward I may have no other liberty than that of loving Thee, no other life than that of suffering and dying for Thee. I place in Thee unlimited trust and I hope, from Thy infinite mercy, for the pardon of my sins. I place in Thy hands all my cares, especially that of my eternal salvation. I promise to love and honour Thee to the last moment of my life, and to propagate, with the help of Thy divine grace and as far as I am able, devotion to Thy Sacred Heart. Dispose of me, O divine Heart of Jesus, according to Thy pleasure; I desire no other recompense than Thy greater glory and Thy holy love. Grant me the grace to find my dwelling place in Thy Sacred Heart where I desire to pass every day of my life and where I wish to breathe my last breath. Make my heart Thine abode, the place of Thy repose, so that we may remain intimately united until, finally, I may praise, love, and possess Thee for all eternity, singing for ever the infinite mercy of Thy Sacred Heart. Amen.
MEMORARE TO THE SACRED HEART
Remember, O most sweet Jesus, that none who have had recourse to Thy Sacred Heart, implored its assistance, or called for mercy, has ever been abandoned. Filled and animated by this same confidence, O Divine Heart, ruler of all hearts, I fly to Thee; and oppressed beneath the weight of my sins, I prostrate myself before Thee; despise not my feeble prayers, but listen to them with a favorable ear, and vouchsafe to answer them. Show us that Thou art the Heart of the best of Fathers, and that He who has deigned to give Thee to us for our salvation will, through Thee, receive our prayers. Amen.